Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Bowmanville gang members jailed after guilty plea


Here is a story from a reporter, Jeff Mitchell, that I got along with very well during a trial I conducted in Whitby a few years ago. I really appreciated his well written stories of the trial when I was out there. The reason I find this story amusing is because the idea of a "gang" in Bomanville reminds me of the movie Clerks with Silent Bob and Jay standing outside the convenient stores annoying customers as they come in. Here Bob and Jay seem to be dealing crack. I love the name of the gang: the "Cash Money Brothers" gang. Come on guys, you could have at least put some more thought into that one.

The picture to the right is of Bomanville so you have a better idea of what I am talking about.

WHITBY -- Three members of a gang which sold crack on the streets of Bowmanville have been given prison terms for the abduction and assault of two people, an incident that was sparked by an unpaid drug debt.

The three men -- Brendan Mak, David O’Neil and Harley Guindon, members of the so-called Cash Money Brothers gang -- pleaded guilty to assault causing bodily harm, forcible confinement and extortion with a firearm just prior to the beginning of a scheduled jury trial in mid-February. They were sentenced by Superior Court Justice Donald Ferguson to five years in jail each.

Source: durham region news: ajax, pickering, whitby, oshawa, scugog, uxbridge and clarington newspapers

No comments: